Tuesday, 1 January 2013

little miss sunshine

Happy New Year to one and all - welcome to 2013.

I find myself listening to Melvyn Bragg's series on culture this morning.  Last new year his series on writing became part of my dissertation so thought I'd pop him on as I contemplate the new year.  I like to listen to MB every so often.  Sometimes I can't quite drag my intellect up to his heady heights but giving it a go makes me feela little more clever than I am.

We had a very abstemious new year's eve - a curry, The Hunger Games and silly card games with the kids.  The plan was to get up early today to take a trip to see the New Year's Parade in Londinium.  We got up early, managed our bacon and eggs and then took ourselves back to bed for a few hours instead.  Despite my initial disappointment at our willingness to crawl back to our duvets instead of hitting the M4, I'm quite pleased. 

The sun is out.

There is not a cloud to be seen.

I can see all the cobwebs I missed before Christmas as the low sunshine pushes its way through my less than sparkling windows.

I don't think it is going to rain.

This is a good thing.

2013 is going to be a busy year.  I need the sunshine and some clear skies to help me along the way.

No comments: