Monday, 13 August 2012

PB

It's been two months since I attended to this blog.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks - did you hear? 

I was never an olympophile - more olympiphobe than anything.  I don't understand that 'faster, stronger, higher' thing.  I admire people who strive for all that stuff (to an extent) but I just don't get that pursuit of one task to the final, superlative degree.  It's not that I'm an advocate of laziness, particularly, I just think there are other things in life than running about and chucking stuff - like art, like literature, like beautiful music.

There, I said it.  I've been quiet because I didn't want to be a bah humbug.  I have felt like one of those people who can't bear Christmas - slightly suspicious to others and a bit of a killjoy. 

I liked the opening and closings and I quite enjoyed the athletics.  I was partial to the odd bit of shot put and thought JE should be promoted to 'inspiring young women tsarina'.  We went to the park and I loved the buildings and the flowers and the atmosphere and the overall jollyness and Britishness of it all.  I wasn't too much of a party-pooper.

Added to all this, since I last blogged, I've started running again.  I'm now dong a PB every other day, increasing my running time by a minute or two each 'go'.

This morning - 13 minutes run, 2 minutes walk, 8 minutes run, 1 minutes walk, 6 minutes run.  That's 27 minutes, folks.  Two 5K races for Mo Farah, one shuffle to Dauntsey and back for me!

Back soon.

5 comments:

marigold jam said...

I don't think you are alone in your feelings re the Olympics and I am certainly with you about Christmas! It's been great though how the Games have given this country a certain je ne sais quoi, a feel good factor or whatever isn't it? But it's back to normal life again now. Should we expect to see you at Rio if your running progresses?!

VP said...

I found following some of the Olympics because of work (writing about one of the GB swimmers), gave me the perfect excuse to hoover up pretty much all of the coverage.

I'm very impressed with your PB, I've decided to get back in the pool and try and get one of my own.

Only Me said...

Congrats and well done on your PB - I've just managed to run 20 minutes and was very pleased with myself, it is a good feeling.
I have to confess to getting quite swept along with Olympic fever and I too loved the Park and the whole atmosphere of the last 2 weeks - it was all very British.

Sue Gaskin said...

I have missed your scribblings and did not guess for one minute that you were glued to the Sports channel - Life is full of surprises! I must admit that I wanted to watch - the intention was there - but I had no time and watch so little TV that I didnt even have much accidental viewing! I saw a little of the synchronised swimming which was mind blowing. I held my breath for most of the time - synchronised breathing! At bookclub the ladies insisted on having the swimming on so they could cheer on our SA Chad le Clos - they went wild and I felt their excitement when he won. I am in awe of people who work so hard o be at thier physical peak. Keep running - you will get there :-)

hausfrau said...

The family watched everything they could and listened to Radio 5 Live when there wasn't a telly... Despite not being interested in sport I managed to join in with enthusiasm, particulary for the gymnastics, and found myself cheering Mo on!