Friday, 11 May 2012

change of direction

The assessments are done, the sketchbooks are filled, the critiques have been made.  Apart from a little dissertation thinking and our actual feedback (they don't seem to be called marks any more) the college year is over.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Berlin, staying up into the wee small hours and taking myself to places such as this

Once back in dear old Blighty and the reality of three projects, an exhibition to finish, mock GCSEs (not for me, for J) and impending SATS (not for me, for E) had hit, I got up between 4 and 5am every morning.

My body clock is *&^(*ed.  On Friday, I went to bed at 9.30pm to get an early night.  I woke at 11.11pm and got up, stayed up working till about 3am and then went to sleep for a couple of hours before waking up.

I'm a middle-aged woman.  I can't take this.  Thank God it's done.

My job, it would seem now, is to slowly purge the caffeine and sugar I've been 'using' to sustain such high levels of artistic activity and to get back on track with my efforts to hold back middle-aged spread.

In short, I've got to get back to those projectforty principles and get ready for the final year.

Wishing you a rain-free weekend.

1 comment:

Only Me said...

Well done and relax. Enjoy the sunshine - hopefully.