Thursday, 29 March 2012

ladykin

I signed up to the OED's 'word of the day' a while ago and today's word is 'ladykin' which is explained as 'a small dimunitive lady.  Sometimes used as a term of endearment.' 

How sweet is that?!

I usually avoid '? of the day' sign-ups, blogs, projects.  I just find them exhausting but I look forward to my daily wordy email.  It has an extensive list of references, idioms and information about each word in each email which can provide a certain amount of bloggy wandering, all in the name of language and education.

On another matter - it's the Easter holidays!  After a couple of weeks of household activity and to and froingness, I'm ready for a bit of a breather, if only to catch up on course work get organised for the onslaught of assessments that are looming at the beginning of May.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. 

3 comments:

hausfrau said...

We too are looking for some time off: happy holidays!
An interest in words might take you to theinkyfool's blog...

Only Me said...

Dimunitive is a good word too.
Happy Easter and enjoy your breather.

Profesor said...

Ladykin! I like it. I'm going to make it my mission to throw that into a conversation in the next couple of days.