Friday, 6 January 2012

ups and downs....

My chickens have gone. Feathers strewn. I feel terrible. I checked to put them in last night and they were wandering about in the garden enjoying the chilly dusk. I went to pick up J, came home and didn't think about them again. how awful is that? I simply assumed that The Worker had done the honours. A bad start to the day. I've been giving them free rein of the garden for about a month so at least they were having a happy time. I just feel rotten.

On a happier note, I ran for fifteen whole minutes this morning. Not consecutively, of course, two minutes six times with a minute walk in between and a last hurrah of three whole minutes. It didn't make me feel any better about the chickens, I'm just slightly surprised that I'm not an aching heap on the floor. I'm still not convinced this is the exercise that will stick with me but, as they say, so far so good.

3 comments:

marigold jam said...

Oh I do know how you feel - the fox got ours one Sunday morning whilst we were having a quiet cuppa in bed having let them out first! Well done with the running!

Only Me said...

Am sorry about the poor ol' chucks and, at least, they had been having lovely time.
Well done on the running, am very impressed.

hausfrau said...

Oh dear! But the running sounds good. Better return to swimming perhaps? Don't think I could run...