Sunday, 1 January 2012

things I might do in 2012

I'm not known for my perseverance. I'm interested in many things, too many sometimes. I've decided that 2012 is going to be a year of concentration. I need to focus on my degree, my family and developing my freelance work - writing and teaching. I'm going to think before I rush off to the next thing, the new thing, just because it catches my eye. I'm not going to have the luxury of studying forever. I need to make the most of the opportunities and resources at college.

I have got an urge, however, to start running. The Worker runs. I like the idea of running early in the morning. I started a beginner's programme yesterday. I have achy hips and calves today. Apparently, I need to talk to myself in a positive way and keep going. I hope to follow this very gentle programme for a couple of weeks, just to see if I can.

We shall see.

Got any unexpected activities on your list for 2012?

3 comments:

Sue Gee said...

Happy New Year and Good Luck with your studies, running and career opportunities. We can all achieve what we truly desire...but we have to want it more than anything else. Therein lies the secret of setting goals. May your obstacles be ones that you can run through or around xx

Only Me said...

Good luck with the running - a little bit achy is probably good thing as your legs will get stronger and the fitness will start. Happy 2012.

VP said...

Happy New Year!

As a failed jogger I salute you. I've started brisk walks up the hill instead - it's not quite in the achey hips and calves league, but I'm feeling pleasantly puffed out all the same.