Thursday, 24 November 2011

things to be thankful for...

(Apologies to any North American readers if I have the wrong day).

I am thankful for many things, not least and in no particular order:

the husband
*
the children
*
the rest of my family
*
friends, near and far
*
our health
*
enough wealth (see husband)
*
our home
*
our history
my sense of humour (although I appreciate no-one else may appreciate it)
*
willingness to try anything once (except any form of competitive sport - it's too late for that)
*
willingness to read the first 10 pages of any book and confidence to reject it
*
ability to fall asleep on a washing line
*
interest in learning new stuff
***

Not exactly a ground breaking list but a few reminders.   My Nan always used to tell me that she said a prayer for everyone every night.  I'm not very religious.  I don't pray but every so often, it's a good idea to make a list of things to be thankful for.  Just for the record.


2 comments:

Only Me said...

I love this list and I think you've got a great sense of humour - I appreciate it! My list of thankfulness would be pretty similar although I do wish I had the ability to fall asleep on a washing line!

hausfrau said...

And a reminder to the rest of us that we have much to be thankful for!