Sunday, 27 November 2011

let the countdown commence

Our first 'proper' assignment is due to be handed in at college at 10am on Monday 12th December.  Yes, two weeks and a bit away.  I'm aiming to have it all done and dusted by 9th - the Friday before so that I can kick back and relax for the Christmas break. 

I apologise in advance for stressy, student-type wails about deadlines and art-related dramas if I manage to post anything during the next fortnight.  Please forgive me.

I am coping with this deadline through the medium of lists.  Lists for everything.  I have always made lists but usually I lose or ignore them.  This time, I need the lists. 

I make a big one every Sunday of where everyone has to be on each day of the week.  I have a hand-drawn calendar on the fridge which takes us up to Christmas Day - just in case.  I have my paper diary.  I have alarms and notes on the computer and my phone.  I have shopping lists (daily) and shopping lists (Christmas).  I make a list every day based on my big Sunday list.   I have a list of all the things I'm not doing now that I'll be able to do after 12th December.

I haven't dared to look and check how much time I actually have to devote to my actual assignment.  I suppose, instead of blogging, I could do this and make myself panic slightly more.  I am expecting my recurrent college dream to re-surface.  The one where I've decided to fo back and get my degree but still *&$^ it up.  Oh no, that could be reality in a couple of weeks time. 

I am hoping that I will be able to do enough to allow myself not to dwell on the 'what-ifs' over the holidays.  We don't get our feedback until mid-January.  It's a long wait. 

Singalong everybody......"All I want for Christmas is my 2:1, my 2:1, my 2:1."

2 comments:

Only Me said...

I love a list - I have them upstairs and downstairs. I do seem to manage to write down the most unimportant things as well as the big important things to remember. I have paper and pen by my bed in case I wake up in the middle of the night and need to write down something crucial I must not forget like buy sugar!

hausfrau said...

From one list maker to a list making star: Go Girl! I have every faith in your ability to pull this off!