Friday, 2 September 2011

yum




"Millie" by John Willats from the terrace at The Three Gables

Bradford-on-Avon had a distinctly continental air yesterday.  I was lucky enough to be invited to visit The Three Gables for lunch and took a trip with my dear friend, S.  The review will appear in next month's Wiltshire Magazine but I can say this: beautiful, delicious and welcoming.  What more could you want from a restaurant?

Out and about the sun was shining, the town centre was bustling, the market was heaving and the river sparkled.  I don't get there as often as I'd like to but Bradford-on-Avon is always worth a day out, full of history and great independent shops. I always find something new there.

As we drove through lovely Wiltshire in its late summer glory, I had an idea.  It occured to me that it might be interesting to bring together a gathering of Wiltshire bloggers.  I have no idea when, where or how but thought if I posted something here then those of you that read this might get in touch and know others who might be interested too.  What do you think?

On another matter - could it be possible that the sun may shine all weekend?

4 comments:

marigold jam said...

Sounds a great idea but sadly I am in the next county! We too enjoyed some of Wiltshire's best yesterday - see my blog post - and I too am hoping the lovely weather will continue through the weekend.

hausfrau said...

The sun is shining and the weather the best it's been for ages because the children have gone back to school. Why does it always happen? Lucky you, and thank-you for the recommendation.
Interesting idea re Wiltshire: do you plan to link or meet?

VP said...

We are sort of colleagues - I wrote the piece on BoA earlier in the year :)

I'm up for a meet up - my email address is cunningly hidden at the bottom left of my blog...

Only Me said...

BoA was very lovely and was a great day out, it felt like a continental holiday sitting in the sunshine on the terrace being treated to yummy food (thank you) - definitely worth another trip sometime.