Thursday, 1 September 2011

I've found three years..


I posted about my continual addiction to telly-watching and its potential negative health implications.  I worked out (no-one has checked my mathematics by the way), that I've 'lost' in the region of 3 years due to my obsession with the flickering box in the corner.

Science, however, has come up with a solution.  It seems that I can add 3 years to my life by exercising 15 minutes per day which I'm sure I must do just walking from the living room to the kitchen to gather tea and sustenance for my next televisual delight.  The article is bewildering but the evidence is there in about the fourth paragraph down.  Find it here.

In the meantime, E has gone to visit her grown-up cousins and J has gone back to school.  G is working away and I'm just about to get ready and do some research before I go here to do a restaurant review. 

Yum!

5 comments:

marigold jam said...

Love your calculations - walking to and fro kitchen counteracting your TV addiction!! For me it isn't the TV that might be shortening my life but that other screen the one with a keyboard and interesting blogs to read!! Maybe if I pop in and out of the kitchen now and then the same will work for me too! But of course we will never know will we?

Fran said...

I reckon I spend more time in the kitchen making tea than I do watching TV. And the tea comes with biscuits. I think I'd better get walking.

VP said...

Now I'mwondering if we're sort of colleagues - I too have a restaurant review to do locally...

Double Yum!

Only Me said...

Well done on finding your 3 years. Thank you for the trip out and a most yum lunch.

hausfrau said...

I think we need more information about restaurant reviews; thrilled to hear about the walking to the kitchen to make tea though, provided it works for coffee?