Friday, 10 June 2011

fete accompli

Every year on the 2nd Friday evening in June, members of the parish and environs gather for our village fete.  It is always a wonderful occasion and I'm looking forward to seeing people I haven't caught up with during what's been a pretty busy year.

I've also been promoted from White Elephant to Trinkets which has made me very happy, not least because T, who usually runs trinkets, appears to have collected everything I need and all I have to do is set it up and hope the weather stays nice enough to make everything sparkly, sparklier.

I'm going to take my umbrella so then it won't rain but I think warm shoes and a folding chair will be needed.  Even if the rain stays away, the evening isn't promising to be balmy (or barmy, I should add!).

Updates (and maybe sunny photos) shortly.

4 comments:

Sue Gee said...

Congratulations on your promotion!May the force be with you and the weather. I wish I was there to browse - if you see anything that resembles an antique string of natural pearls or a vintage piece of marquesite send me a photo and I can do a telephone bid.

That's Not My Age said...

Hello there - and thanks for the comment on my blog. I think you should email All Walks on info@allwalks.org - I'm sure they'd love to hear from you!

Only Me said...

Am sorry there won't be sunny photos this year ... it was a shame about the rain but, we did alright on trinkets, and it was nice selling a little bit of sparkle. Am sure the sun will be back next year.

hausfrau said...

Very glad to hear it's promotion, and huge thanks to you and S for taking it on: a great shame about the weather, wonderful to see the Brits carrying on regardless!