Tuesday, 15 February 2011

notion confirmed....

....having been 'assessed', i.e. weighed on a fancy scale today, it seems this week's notion of getting into my wedding skirt should not be optional.  I won't go into the details as it's far too depressing.  Suffice to say I can kid myself no longer.  Something needs to be done.  I'm not as far gone as 'the biggest losers' but it's not just a case of a couple of pounds to lose either.  A couple of months concentrating on my waistline will not do me as much harm as continuing to throw caution to the wind and staying firmly in health and fitness denial.

Do not be alarmed, this will not turn into some kind of pre-menopausal diet blog.  I'm planning to keep the gory details to myself as much as possible.  I will, however, post any triumphant skirt-fitting photographs, just to keep up the motivation.

Tomorrow I'm back on holiday (sorry, college).  I've got an Argos catalogue to carve a £ sign into tonight - don't ask, it's art you know. 

3 comments:

hausfrau said...

Perhaps just an update on how it's going to inspire the rest of us? When are you going to show us some of this interesting art? I think we should ask!

Ed said...

I've been walking 5 miles almost daily to shift the American excess baggage! It's working, slowly but apparently this is the best way to do it. Good luck and I second pics of some art too.

Only Me said...

I thought 'denial' was in Eygpt - SORRY, V BAD! Hopefully spring will be sprung soon,and it is so much easier to get out and have a stomp in the sunshine.

Have a good few days at college.