Monday, 20 December 2010

Malmesbury, the final frontier....

...thanks to my dear friend, S, and an urgent dental appointment for K & H, I cadged a lift to Malmesbury through the snow and the hail.  It was a pleasant trip - the countryside looks lovely at 10 miles an hour and there were hardly any cars on the road.

I spent more in Malmesbury in an hour today than I think I have in the last twelve months and my nearest and dearest have done very well.  I shall shop locally more often but perhaps give myself a couple of visits as my bags were laden and I hadn't worn the right shoes to cope with the slush-covered pavements.

All we need now is Tesco and the turkey to turn up and Christmas will happen.

Do you remember the episode of  'The Good Life' when Christmas didn't come in a van?  I can feel a Margot moment coming on....

1 comment:

Only Me said...

What you need is a 'ladies' shopping trolley. There are some very nice ones about - I even think I saw some in Knees, our local department store!