Tuesday, 8 June 2010

rain, rain, go away....


I bought two sun loungers from B&Q on Saturday.  A big decision as there are no more pay packets on the horizon.  I have always wanted my very own sunlounger.  My Aunty had a pair of floral ones that my sister and I fought over for most of the 1970s.  I've wanted one for sometime.  My new loungers are a little modern for my liking but they were the last ones in the shop and it was very hot when I bought them.  I needed them and I needed them right at that moment.

Anyway.... here is the weather forecast for Swindon for the next five days.  Rain, followed by more rain, followed by showers.  Yippee!  At least I'll get all my paperwork done.

Apart from the small matter of the impending fete on Friday, rain will not affect my plans.  I think I'll have another 'at home' day tomorrow, followed by a private view of this year's fine art graduates from Swindon College and then Thursday S & I are off to Stroud to have a look what's going on as part of Site10.  I hope to be inspired by some amazing drawing.  We're planning quite a few Thursdays out and about.  We can go anywhere as long as we can get there and back between 8.30am and 4.00pm.  We got as far as Compton Verney last year for an amazing textile exhibition.  It's amazing how far you can get along country roads if you really want to.

I had hoped to get started on bike rides and walking but the weather is putting me off.  In the absence of exercise I have been eliminating caffeine from my life - one coffee yesterday and one tea today.  I slept till J's alarm went off this morning.  Bliss.

1 comment:

Only Me said...

I do hope the sun comes back this weekend and you are able to test our your new sunloungers.

It was a good trip to Stroud - I like the polite graffiti best and lunch was most excellent.