Wednesday, 2 June 2010

number crunching....

2 days into the half term...2 afternoon sleeps...I know!  I've definitely retired.  My excuse yesterday?  The rain and a whizz around in the morning.  My excuse today?  A sunny walk and then a read of my book.  Should I feel decadent or decrepit? 

I've now acquired 5 copies of 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Nififnfnfiengigniengegger for book club from the library.  All free - how good is that?  Just have to write a 100 word-review and I think I've signed us up for all sorts of library-related activity but it's worth it to get free books, all at the same time.

4 of the 6 cherry bakewells have already been eaten after our 1st trip to Westonbirt this holiday.  We met Granny there and had a very pleasant walk punctuated with my constant and incessant reminders to my children:
- 4 'stop moaning about your ankle, there's nothing wrong with it's
- 3 'chew with your mouth closed's
- 7 'speak properly's
- 204 'leave each other alone's

All good fun.  Apparently I always say 'we can make that home' when asking the kids to choose cakes.   These are things I have learned to day.

This is my 404th post.  How did that happen?  I have no idea.

I know that from Monday there are 7 weeks until the end of term.  That's, potentially 35 days comprising 6.75 hours of time all to myself (TATM) between the hours of 8.30am and 3.15pm.  That, if I can find my calculator is 236.25 waking hours. 

I have 8 hours each week committed to knitting and several days out planned at exhibitions near and far but apart from that, I have time on my hands, literally, for the first time in ages.

My mind is rushing with all the possibilities.  I could maintain a tidy and hygienic household.  I could enhance the productivity on my allotment.  I could, in fact, doze for a at least an hour a day as I've proved I'm so capable of doing.

There's so much time available, I am feeling a little overwhelmed.  My initial list looks something like this....


- write something
- make something
- move something
- play something
- grow something


We'll see how that goes shall we...if I can stay awake long enough....

6 comments:

Sue Gee said...

..you could add visit someone in South Africa to that list.

countrymummy said...

you never know....maybe after the WC!

Sue Gee said...

WOW - that would be fantastic and I am sure you would be inspired for your art degree - they do great things here combining recycling and creativity!

Only Me said...

How exciting. It's the hols you're aloud a snooze or 2 or 3.

I love your Westonbirt walk listing - lately, if we ever walk en famille, it's 'how much further' (x several hundred) - we can't even get away with saying we are looking for crocodiles any more...

Brown Dog said...

Ooh, I think I can think of a few things to do with all that spare time...

Cuppa would be very lovely. x

hausfrau said...

The list of things I could do is always longer than the things I actually achieve; but would love to have that sewing time when you're ready.