Friday, 9 April 2010

projectforty - the review


I recently had a RAG review at work (Red - alert, attention required, Amber - OK - room for improvement, Green - marvellous and whizzy, continue).  I thought I'd give the original projectforty list the same treatment:

*
drink more water
tick - lots of water drunk every day, helps to pump out wrinkles
GREEN
*
eat more good stuff
mmm - if this means, eat more chocolate and yummy cakes, then yes, if it means, eat more vegetables, salads and pulses, then no
AMBER
*
relax/chill
does slumping on the sofa and falling asleep before 9pm count?
RED
*
simplify
I've simplified my exercise routine by not doing any but other facets of my existence seem to be more complex than ever
AMBER
*
get grooming
have realised that this requires persistence, I'm good at cleansing and moisturising, not so consistent around eyebrow management
AMBER
*
watch less tv
tick - am watching more DVD box sets instead, the Wire and Madmen, sometimes on the same night
RED
*
dance more
mmm - have been advised by the smaller people in the house that this is not a good look, in front of anybody
RED
*
do new 'stuff'
tick - my attendance at unlikely random events is increasing
GREEN
*
create more
tick - but not for public consumption
AMBER
*
less caffeine/alcohol
more of the first, less of the latter (except for the last couple of weekends)
RED
 *****
I think amber, don't you? OK with room for improvement. I feel confessed and cleansed by my own personal review but a little underwhelmed by my progress.

My main priority is, as usual, to get a little fitter and shrink a bit.  I think this might have to be my main extra-curricular focus for the next few weeks.  As I'm coming up to my 400th post, there's a definite need to revamp and rejig the original list.  Looking back, dear old projectforty has served me well.  Like all good regimes, it needs a shake-up.

Like the Russian dolls, I'll be trying to shrink - first deadline 30th April, the day before our next family reunion and 3 weeks away.  At 2lbs a week, that's 6lbs.  Better dispose of the Easter eggs then.

6 comments:

Only Me said...

I love this post. I think you are definitely amber heading for green.

Brown Dog said...

Firstly, I would take no notice of any small people - a parent's job description is to embarrass, so I would dance away blithely. Secondly, I know someone who can help dispose of any stray Easter eggs (and she's not a million miles away...).

(Word verif today is "unspa" - does that mean no unneccessary grooming? (an activity I feel is greatly overestimated, and in my experience results in far too long peering disconsolately into a mirror wishing someone else was gazing back at me.) Your eyebrows look perfectly groomed to me.

The Coffee Lady said...

I think if you've cut down on alcohol at all you just get green. Immediately. Even if it's only foregoing one glass.

hausfrau said...

There are very few people who couldn't use more exercise and fewer calories, but life would be very dull.. Dancing is a perfect way to exercise, and you should take no notice of anyone's rudeness, of whatever size! LBD is quite right, embarrassment is what we do for our children, it's character forming!

Sue Gee said...

What makes you happy? If its dancing, eating chocolate , watching TV and having Irish coffee - then do all of that because life is toooo short to deprive yourself of happiness.
Be happy and accept what goes with it! Spoken like an agony "aunt".

Karen said...

This made me laugh out loud. Keep dancing. Who cares!!!!