Monday, 26 April 2010

focus, woman, focus

Too many cooks spoil the broth?  Too many broths turn the cook potty!

I know everyone is busy but I think my problem is internal prioritising.  Like all my friends and colleagues my to-do-list never gets any shorter.  I can cope with that.  What I can't cope is the flitting and hopping between too many disparate things at once.  Sometimes I can feel my mind thinking about two things whilst doing something else. 

If I'm cooking, I'm thinking about the laundry.  If I'm working on one project at work, I'm worrying about another.  Deep breaths, a sharpened pencil and a new pack of post-it notes is what is required.

I've only got a month of proper work yet - perhaps that will help...I hope so!

3 comments:

marigold jam said...

I think it's part of being a woman! Men seem to be able to concentrate on one thing to the exclusion of everything else whereas we always have several balls in the air at a time. I wouldn't count on not working to be the answer either! Now I am retired I seem to have even more things rushing round and round in my brain. Sorry if this isn't what you hoped to hear!

Jane

Sue Gee said...

Its your corpus collosum darling - the tissue that connect both sides of the brain and allows us to hop around up there. In women its 30% denser - we are made this way so don't fight it - roll with it. Its how we are meant to be.
A friend gave me a set of post-its and written on them is "In 5 years time this won't matter - it barely matters now!"

Only Me said...

... and a big bright highlighter to cross them off once they're done - very satisfying.