Friday, 8 January 2010

sno' joke

::Good things about being snowed in ::
*
being at home
*
working at home
*
immediate laundry response
*
comparing home-made sledges
*
the christmas cake is being eaten
*
the icing-sugar appearance of all things snowy
*
discovery of former toy-favourites
*
daily reminders of how lucky we are that the house is warm and food in the fridge

::Not so good things about the snow::
*
a slight nagging thought that this could go on for weeks and our supplies will wane
*
even if we need something from the supermarket, the shelves will be empty
*
a worry for neighbours and friends who might not be so cosy
*
the catch-up of all catch-ups will have to happen next week
*
a continuing post-Christmas stupor
*
lengthening time spend in pyjamas
*
potential sledging accidents
*
total monochrome
*
chin-freeze
*
cold toes
*

7 comments:

marigold jam said...

How clever you are to have got all that into a diamond shape! I agree with all of them and although there are advantages I fear the disadvantages outweigh them or will very soon. Today it is grey and cold here not nearly as nice as yesterday wehn it was sunny and cold!

Jane

Nalamienea said...

How is being all day in Pajamas in the bad things? That's totally got to be moved up! Unless it's to preserve your shaped poetry. hehe

Georgina said...

Good things to add from deepest Mid wales - seeing neighbours I haven't seen for years (and one I shamefully have never even met!!)
Bad things to add from deepest Mid wales - worrying about goats and having to break their water again and again!
Great list, great layout!

countrymummy said...

hi - was pretty pleased with my shapette!
MJ - think you're right about the sun v. grey weather, as soon as the clouds appear, it's time to retreat into the house
N - I agree,nothing wrong with a pyjama day now and then but my son is starting to get upset when he has to get dressed!
G - I have chickens and their water issues are beginning to be a bit of a bind, does eating snow count?

Only Me said...

Can I add cold nose on to the end of cold toes - I think mine must be rather large as it is the first of my extremeties to get chilly!
A great blog.

LittleBrownDog said...

I thought it was a clever icicle-shape - either way, it's very attractive. Yes, attractions of snow are beginning to wear off here, too. Ventured out for the first time to day to find, to my surprise, the rest of the world was still there. Am also slightly surprised at how well we've managed with only village-shop fare, breadmaker and delights from the depths of our freezer thus far. Just think of Little House on the Prarie - they lasted for months. (Mind you, I think they may have killed a bear somewhere along the line...)

Karen said...

The one that really made me laugh was "eating the Christmas cake"! Things have got to be getting bad!