Tuesday, 19 January 2010

pound zero


I weigh myself on the wii-fit almost every morning. It's usually a rather masochistic act. Not only is it a highly sensitive and unforgiving piece of equipment, its dastardly mechanics produce a graph of weightloss. We have had this contraption for nearly 400 days. I have lost and gained about 9lbs in this time and weigh exactly the same as I did the day I first tried it. I have cycled, treadmilled, aerobicked, body-balanced, bounced, walked, diarised my food intake, thought about not eating very much.

I'm obviously not doing it right.

Yesterday was my 'pound zero'. I can't bear the thought of being weighed for skis in a few weeks time. It's mortifying. Today I weighed 2lbs less than I did yesterday. A small triumph but not one to be celebrated. Celebration would probably incur calorific intake. I MUST RESIST.

I'm going on a course tomorrow - 'Working in a Principled Way'. I don't think Victoria will be there.

4 comments:

marigold jam said...

Oh how I understand! I seem to go up and down by a pound or two all the time but never manage to lose any significant ammount however hard I try!

Jane

Georgina said...

Even though I know that if you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got, I still have in my head this gateway to an imaginary world whereby just stepping on the scales deducts pounds!!! At least you have saved me from buying a Wii and merely shifting the object of my desire!

Only Me said...

Great photo.

Maybe the wii-fit is lying apart from today when you are 2lbs less!

Karen said...

I'd take the 9 pound loss and run with it (so to speak).