Wednesday, 27 January 2010

channelling my inner Joan


This photo contrasts somewhat with the secret film clip I have just found on my camera. The (never to be seen again) film clip features yours truly in mid-chat with J about a 'stropping' incident. I got a bit of a shock, particularly as I was scrolling through the rest of the snaps and found this blast from the past.

I don't mind not looking the same - I mind looking worse.

I hardly slept last night and I know it shows as I went to a meeting this morning and several of my colleagues asked after my health. I must look rough and I know that sleeping for less than 3 hours can make a person feel a little below-par but I think it might be time for 2010's projectforty overhaul. 'Never give up' - that's my theory and I'm sticking with it!

So...inspired by 'Mad Men's Joan, it's time to do a bit of projectforty surface improvement. I've spent quite a few hours over the last week or so watching Series 1 & 2 of that marvellous series, trying to catch up before tonight's Series 3. I love the series and the writing and the sets but most of all I am obsessed with the clothes and the hair of the female characters, particularly those of St. Joan. No amount of self-induced improvement is ever going to get me to that level of womanliness but there must be things a girl can do to find a little bit of glamour between the school drop-off and the interminable sock sorting?

I have a haircut on Tuesday and need eyebrow attention. The problem is that the lady who usually does them is not around and I want them to be shaped not plucked into slightly bendy millipedes. An untested plucker could just make things worse...much worse.

No matter - I can feel better bras, some new shoes and a renewed in my cuticular wellbeing coming on. Next...the wiggle and a search for the perfect martini....

3 comments:

Only Me said...

Martini with ice and a slice I hope?

I'm looking forward to my first viewing of Mad Men tonight.

Pondside said...

The only thing about Mad Men and that era is the...........girdle. Anyone who was 'there then' remembers those implements of torture. Of course they worked and tummies looked incredibly taut!

countrymummy said...

not sure I could contemplate a girdle. I struggle with wide waistbands...