Thursday, 24 December 2009

'twas the night before Christmas....



Well, it's actually 9.30am but I'm sure you don't mind me getting ahead of myself.

My pretty bejewelled tree and a rather ostentatious peacock for your fuzzy, sherry-hazed (?) viewing sometime today. (Note to self: learn how to use camera properly in 2010).

The parcels are wrapped - this is the first time EVER G has wrapped any significant quantity of gifts before Christmas Eve. I feel quite victorious.

The fridge is full - I have a nice looking ham to cook. Which reminds me, I need to start cooking it sooner rather than later as we are going for festive mince pies to the B's early evening. J insists on ham, egg and chips on Christmas Eve. I'm not keen on the chips but I quite like having the ham to pick at until New Year's Day. I grant his wish graciously.

The laundry is up to date - although there are piles of redundant clothes hanging about. I had to clear out J's drawers. It was like looking through the cupboards for sell-by dates. I noticed, with shame, that some of his clothes are aged 8 - 9. He's 12. He doesn't wear them. He just buries them under his sports stuff. I hate to think what Forest Gump moments would have arisen if I'd left those 8-9 trousers in there....fashion hell.

So....there is nothing left to do other than wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010.

I hope FC brings you all you wish for (and then some). Enjoy!

I imagine I will need projectforty bootcamp come 1st Jan...

5 comments:

pinkfairygran said...

A Merry Christmas to you and yours too. FC doesn't visit here any more, and I don't subscribe to the stocked fridge and freezer idea either. We have enough to get by, and what we don't have won't matter. We have each other, our own little old house to be together in, reasonable health at the moment, and nothing else matters.

Nalamienea said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful holiday with your family! :)

Gill said...

I think getting ahead of yourself is very wise at this time of the year, for it leaves you with time to sit down and appreciate the fruits of your labour and the company of friends and family.

Wishing you a Peaceful Christmas. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and lovely photographs with us, too!

Only Me said...

Christmas wouldn't be the same without family traditions - ham, egg and chips for you, snack foods and preparing the stockings for us.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Merry New Year. With much love the B's xx

hausfrau said...

We had the ham meal last night because a smaller meal tonight may help work up an appetite for tomorrow's feast cooked by Husband: a wonderful tradition much praised to ensure its continuance!Pretty much ready now, just crackers to assemble and stockings to fill. FC comes to everyone in our house because we all believe.. Merry Christmas!