Monday, 28 December 2009

time space continuum displaced

...in the words of Dr Tennant, this week has really become 'The End of Time'. I spend all year longing for 'down' time, 'quiet' time, time at home, time to think. I've now had over a week of such luxury and it's time to get going again.

I'm having a great time but I've lost complete track of what day it is, what time it is, where I'm supposed to be. I'm horizontal. I am not sure I will be able to last a morning at work, never mind a whole day.

I don't want to drink any more wine, port, sherry, ginger wine. I certainly don't want to hear any Christmas music although that seems to have waned, thank goodness. I have an entire home-made Christmas cake in the cupboard under several biscuit selection boxes. I fear for my waistline (yes, more than usual).

We went to a party last night. I think I was over-dressed. My inertia has extended to a neglect of my ironing pile. I had to wear a frock because I had nothing else clean/ironed/wearable. I did feel a little uncomfortable though as everyone else was in jeans. It was a lovely party though. The kids managed to keep themselves occupied and the adults caught up on who had been where during the festivities. I did need a sit down though when we got home. I wore high heels, too - another sartorial error.

4 comments:

Georgina said...

Time to say Happy New Year Janice! All too soon the Party's Over, and we will be back into the running of that old mill! I hope you feel as full of optimism and imagimation for 2010 as I do!!

LittleBrownDog said...

Oh you weren't overdressed at all, you looked lovely, I'd been admiring that dress all evening. I always think it's a nice compliment to the hostess if you look as though you've made a bit of an effort. I did have my best trousers on, but my trouble is I'm just one of those people who always ends up looking a bit scruffy whatever I put on.

I've been beginning to feel the same way as you about the Christmas cake and alcohol, although now you come to mention ginger wine... With a couple of large ice-cubes, perhaps? I knew there was something else I should have crammed into my trolley at the supermarket last week. Hmmmm - wonder whether it's on special offer yet...

Shirl said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I, also have to fight the urge to clear the decs and recycle the crimbo cards! ... ;0)

Only Me said...

You looked lovely and I needed to sit down too and I didn't even have high heels on!

I also feel like I'm in a bit of time warp - Christmas day feels like months ago. It will definitely be a bit of a struggle come Monday.