Tuesday, 22 December 2009

ski tuesday




We have a sub-section of decs devoted to skiing - a small grouping, so far, of two. Skiing snowman and skiing santa. They both look so cheerful. Perhaps their boots fit properly. Mine never do.

We are going skiing in February. The brochures usually arrive at the end of August. G spends early autumn scouring pages, attaching post-it notes and creating skiing spreadsheets. I do not jest. He loves to ski. He loves to ski with us. Two of the three of us love to ski. One of us likes it but doesn't like to ski for more than a couple of hours a day. Guess who that might be. I do, however, like ski holidays. I like the fact that the landscape is so different and that the whole holiday is spent together. I also like the fact that, over the years, I have wheedled and whined so that, recently, distance and accessibility to swimming pools and spas have been included in the spreadsheet calculations.

That's progress for you.

2 comments:

Only Me said...

Oh, my favourite dec so far - I love the skiing snowman, he is very cheerful.

As you know, skiing isn't top of my list, although we did have a most excellent time in Italy with a certain special family. D's approach to skiing is to wait until the very last minute and then to see if there is a bargain holiday to be had - so we may, or may not be skiing next year.

Karen said...

It's so good to find a way to be outdoors in the winter. Skiing's perfect for that. If this is followed by a spa session--well, life doesn't get much better than that!