Thursday, 17 December 2009

little house on the pine tree


My sister bought this for me at Westonbirt Arboretum, a few years ago now. It's ceramic so is quite heavy. It needs a sturdy branch, otherwise it threatens to drop and I know that if it drops it will no longer be with us.

When I unwrap it each year, I think how nice it would be to have a little place like this by the sea or in the mountains, with a log-burner, a pile of cosy blankets, a basket of crafts and psychic Ocado delivery.

I hope you're enjoying this tour around our tree. I haven't had a look around yet to see if anyone else is doing such a thing. I suspect there is a huge Christmas tree blogring of which I am woefully unaware.

I think my interest in Christmas trees is possibly genetic. I have an aunt who used to participate in a charity Christmas tree decorating competition each year and who would send me photographs of her themed creations. Our tree is a culmination of years of collecting and not much editing. There are very few ornaments that do not find their way on to our six-footer each year.

2 comments:

A Bun Can Dance said...

I love your little ceramic house! And also the fantasy seaside cottage it evokes - how splendid! I can just imagine it with a little rowing boat tied just nearby. And a fire burning inside the cottage where you might toast chestnuts or marshmallows whilst waiting for Ocado to arrive. Sounds just so beautiful!
Have a very happy weekend,
Denise x

Only Me said...

I am enjoying a tour round your tree - you have a varied mix of decs and yet manage to keep it tasteful. On the other hand, in our house, this year we only seem to have tinsel and baubles and it's not looking very tasteful!