Tuesday, 1 December 2009

and the countdown begins....

Parcels are starting to arrive, the first Christmas card is here, the advent calendars have been started and J is cooking mince pies at school next Monday. There are just over two full weeks left of school and then it's Christmas cocoon time. Can't wait.

I wonder whether it would be good to pick a day of each month and create a kind of advent for all sorts of events - birthdays, deadlines etc. Something like that might work for me as I find each year dripping through my fingers.

Hope you enjoyed your first day of advent.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I know exactly what you mean about events dripping through your fingers! Where does time go? But don't you just love this season!!!!

Only Me said...

I've got lots of lovely orders sent off into internet land, so packages will shortly be arriving and then I need to try and 'hide' them! Very exciting

Georgina said...

I cannot reconcile my love for all that twinkles, all that is sentimental and filled with the sweetness of Christmas, and the maelstrom that is going on in my head knowing that every present, every morsel of food, depends on me...