Friday, 11 September 2009

weekend trip

I am off to the iknit weekender today with my friend S. We are taking a woolly road trip, driving to Londinium and, hopefully, enjoying the sunshine as well as the infinite selection of yarn and notions and books and yarn and everything. I am going to look for a namaste knitting bag, as displayed here by The Little Knitting Company. I don't need any more wool or materials. One of my purchases from last year's iknit is sat beside me as I type. It is not a sock yet, it is a beautiful hand-dyed ball of sock wool...still.

Apart from the wool, there's a lot going on, family-wise, school work-wise and writing work-wise. I find myself waking earlier and earlier and try to do something towards one of those things before everyone gets up. I never ever thought I'd be the sort of person who gets up early to get ahead but it's happened and if I am around when the sun is coming up and I'm doing something productive, it really does make a difference to the rest of the day.

Anyway...I haven't packed for our woolly road trip yet so must finish this off and get going.

Have a fun weekend.

Q: When did you last buy some wool/yarn and what did you do with it?

3 comments:

Only Me said...

It was a grand woolly road trip. Lively, lovely sunny London, lots of lovely yarns and I'm enjoying my new tank top project. D has put a request in for one too!

Liz said...

Hope you had a great time (though I'm not at all sure what the Iknit weekender is). Not being a proficient knitter doesn't stop me buying wool. The last was a huge amount bought recently for a Debbie Bliss coat pattern. Barmy, really, as I know I'll never manage to finish it.

LittleBrownDog said...

Would love to see the fruits of your iknit trip. Can I put my name down for a tank top too?

Don't suppose you can point me in the direction of a nice nubbly cardigan pattern, can you? I have one in my mind's eye, but don't quite know where to start.

Oh yes - when did I last buy wool? At the Village Fete the year before last.
And what did you do with it? Er, nothing. It's still in a vast wool basket under my bed.
What are the chances of your actually making a garment out of wool between now and the next millennium? Er....

(PS - that last question was to me, not you, in case it sounded rude)