Tuesday, 15 September 2009

one small step...

I am as busy as the next woman. I know that. We all have things to do, places to go and people to see. This week I have a sense that I'm actually getting somewhere. Now, I do not want to tempt fate. I would hate to make a wholly positive statement about my current situation in the fear that I may have slipped up karmically and I will be smited (smote, smate?) by some minor wrathful entity. It's just that some things are moving along quite nicely:

- we're going to have a new neighbour, Granny has found somewhere great to live, nearby but as she says 'not on the doorstep'. There is much planning and thinking and ruminating about cupboards and storage and shower heads
- school work is just about gathering momentum and there are things to do that are starting to make a difference
- the writing is coming along in leaps and bounds in my head although not actually on paper (does this count as writing?)
- I have had garden help this week which always inspires me to do a little bit more for a little while
- J has added apple and blackberry crumble to his repertoire (note to self, get him to cook more often)
- the rayburn's been serviced which always gives me a sense of calm although it did switch itself on this morning which was a little surprising
- the aerial guy is coming to connect us to the TV again, it will be interesting to see if we veg in front of it. Our signal-less-ness has meant a run of random DVDs: The Shawshank Redemption which I've never actually seen all the way through but which conveniently arrived with this week's sunday papers; Madame Bovary (in French) which could have been much, much better. I've always thought of MB as one of my favourite books but she's such a brat. Is that harsh? I also got 'Marley and Me' from Blockbuster which, I'm afraid, divided the household into the 'aaahhhhs' and the 'why are they putting up with that ridiculous creature's habits'. I should have opted for 'Hotel for Dogs' which was the only other remotely appropriate film for our Saturday night viewing

So....will today be part of my week of general, quite goodness?

PS: On the knitting front. I rediscovered my Cherry Tree Hill laceweight which I bought at last year's iknit and have learnt how to do feather and fan. There will be photos. I also got some blue wool to make cornish-style felted bowls with some cream aranweight (also bought at iknit last year). Again, there will be photos. I have a little time at the weekend so am hoping for some sunshine to make everything look beautiful.

3 comments:

Only Me said...

I'd say it is definitely a middle sized step ... am so pleased that Granny will be sorted 'in nearby residence' very soon.

Autumn is definitely lurking - with blackberries on the menu and the rayburn serviced - it makes home feel lovely and comfy.

Hope your week of general quite goodness continues.

Liz said...

Sounds like lots of ticks for your list. Reading this has reminded me that I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption. Pity I didn't buy that newspaper.

Technogran said...

You'll love the Shawshank Redemption, its one of my all time favourite films and is very thought provoking.
Hope that the Granny move went well