Saturday, 1 August 2009

island life

I have wanted to stay in an airstream trailer for years and have been a frequent visitor to Vintage Vacations' website just to get a little americanish-retro fix. The combination of G having to do some work over on the island and the summer holidays just starting made for a happy coincidence and a week of retro-camping.


Despite the weather as we boarded the 'Red Eagle'


I hadn't realised Ikea did boats, perhaps it's called 'leakum' or 'saildad' or something...



Our little piece of retro heaven, complete with babycham and fuzzyfelt. More to come.

What do you think of the new title heading? Am just about to head off to amazon to find a book to sort out my technical short-comings. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

LittleBrownDog said...

I am loving that caravan! It looks as though it should come in a sort of set, though, with a Smeg fridge and a Dualit toaster - did it have those two things inside? I love the Isle of Wight, which I think is almost retro heaven in its own right. Gosh, I think I'd need more than a book to sort out my shortcomings... Even the technical ones.

Love the new title, although I think you could possibly re-size the image as it takes ages to load this side of the Glebe Field. If you've got Photoshop, try "saving for web". Just a thought...

Only Me said...

I like the new heading - it catches the eye very nicely.

Retro-camping looks great although I understand to quote from E's very nice postcard it is '1000 times small'.

As you know this Family B lurve the IoW and are already planning next year's trip there!

Anonymous said...

I think it's very great - stylish and original! Nic x