Sunday, 12 July 2009

a tidy mind...


...is what I wish for.

It is the eve of week 8 of projectforty. I have 10 working days until I trip off to Port Eliot for a weekend of literary and musical entertainment. I have much to do before then.

In fact, I have so many different things that I must do before I fill up my little car's tank and trip off to Cornwall, my head feels like my embroidery skein box - shaken and stirred despite my careful re-organisation last week.

No matter. I have been here before. I'll just do the things I need to and hope I don't miss anything vitally important.

On the projectforty front. I am continuing with my lose 2lbs, gain 2lbs pattern. I do feel pretty good though. I have slimmed down a little and my self-critical eye can see that I look much better, if not that much thinner. I am exercising almost every day. Sometimes for an hour or so, othertimes just for twenty minutes and, to be honest, the fact that I'm exercising just makes me feel good. It makes me feel almost good enough not to care that my BMI is probably just going to hover about where it is - and no, I'm not going to tell you. You'll just have to take my word for it.

It all becomes very superficial though. I've got to the point where I can see that I've changed parts of my body slightly and my mind now understand that this is a possibility. I have finally made the link between cause and effect in relation to my body. Something that has eluded me my entire adult life. There's something a bit psycho-babblish going on in my head but I don't really want to start examining my relationship with food, or my body for that matter. There's enough going on. I really don't need another layer of self-analysis. I just like those endorphins or whatever chemical is released when I sweat and turn my head purple.

I'm a simple girl. All I need is a Davina DVD, a set of weights and my rebounder thingy. Perhaps I should invest in some leg warmers.

2 comments:

LittleBrownDog said...

I wish I could get my head round exercising - I know it's supposed make you feel great, look healthy and toned, etc, etc, but I can just always find something that either a) I'd rather be doing, or b) I can easily persuade myself that urgently needs doing. I'm full of admiration for your tenacity. Port Eliot sounds great - lovely to have something like that to look forward to.

Only Me said...

I think leg warmers should make a fashion return - could be a good knitting project too!

Hope you manage to get all the crucial bits sorted before you head off to Port Eliot - then you can be carefree in Cornwall - sounds wonderful.