Taking pictures is the main casualty in my focus on being healthy and getting my body moving. I feel sad as I was enjoying the process and I'd just started to think about how I wanted to frame my compositions and visuals. Hey ho. Something's got to give but it does make the place look bare. A little too minimalistic in my view.
So...what's new? Well, I've done days 1-5 of projectforty2009. A random list of things what have happened:
- I've got more energy (until about 9pm when I collapse in bed with a book on my face)
- We watched 'Burn after Reading' (hilarious, I really mean it, Pitt & Clooney, completely bonkers).
- We watched 'Boy with the Striped Pyjamas' (simply upsetting)
- We watched 'Slumdog Millionaire', swiftly borrowed today by my neighbour (amazing, even on a smaller screen and in the living room)
- I went to the gym
- I went for a swim
- I did stretches and crunches and weights EVERY morning
- I've weeded and cherished every soggy seedling on the allotment (it feels that way, anyway)
- I've knitted one whole sweater for O (it's too big, but who's measuring)
- I've made a mess in my room, the one that everyone else seems to like being in
- I made cake and flapjacks (and did not lick bowls/spoons or spatulas)
- I've almost entirely eradicated non-meal snacking from my life
- I've drunk gallons of water and have slightly less rosy cheeks
- I've had a pedicure and have purple toes courtesy of my NBB (New Best Beautician) Jenny in Malmesbury
- I have proper eyebrows and eyelashes (why do eyebrows make so much difference?)
That sounds rather a lot. I'm must be due a slump, a hiatus (?), the complementary lull to this hyper-activity.