Friday, 22 May 2009

WLTM

Will Self
Tracey Emin
Antony Gormley
Elvis
Nigella Lawson
The Duchess of Devonshire
Rod Stewart
Rob Brydon
Orla Kiely
Vivienne Westwood
Paul Smith
*
A short list of some people I'd like to spend some time with for many reasons but in no particular order. I see these people and read about them. I am interested in what they think and how they think it. There are many other people I'd like to meet but these are the ones that spring to mind at the end of a busy week.
*
I'm pleased none of them are coming round to dinner tonight. I couldn't cope with a mentally and intellectually stimulating dinner with individuals I am in awe of. I am waiting for fish and chips to arrive along with ketchup, white bread and mushy peas. A Friday feast. That's one advantage of medium-sized boy's drum lessons on alternative Friday evenings. It's impossible to pass Langley fish shop twice in a day without stopping to savour it's pescatorial (?!) delights.
*
Enjoy the bank holiday. Don't get sunburned. You know it's not good for you.
***

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Do invite me when Nigella or Vivi stop by! ;)

LittleBrownDog said...

Interesting selection of people. I'm not sure I could handle them all together, though. Thank you for the candle party - do hope I didn't disgrace myself too much, tittering at giraffes and melting buddhas with G in the background. And your hair looks lovely, by the way - meant to mention it at the time, but too much candle-stuff going on. (Feeling slightly guilty and hoping your fish-and-chip supper doesn't have anything to do with a lackage of potatoes.)