Thursday, 14 May 2009

pretty in pink


I wouldn't say I'm a 'pink person' although my recurring skin sensitivities do result in a general rosy glow (I've mentioned this before).
*
I once had a pair of baby pink dungarees. I was seventeen. In my defence it was the mid-80s. I don't think I've possessed a pink item of clothing since.
*
I don't really like purple either. Does this say something about me?
*
I love red (I've mentioned this before too).
*
Anyway...we're in the pink. Tomorrow is NRH's last day of freedom. On Monday he reverts back to his proper title, G. He has found a job. I'm very proud of him although I always secretly knew that he wouldn't be a househusband for long.
*
I'm also very proud that he actually took to the househusbandry thing rather well. Several positive outcomes have been noted:
*
- he can now cook salmon, spaghetti bolognese, tuna bake AND rice
*
- he has kept the kitchen clean and tidy the entire time he has been at home
*
- he hasn't complained once about me leaving stuff everywhere
*
- he's been getting as fit as a fiddle by pinching my bicycle and doing 'the loop' almost every morning
*
I won't continue as if he ever reads this. Does he ever read it I wonder? His head will get too big to fit into the pool car that's arriving tomorrow.
*
Yes, another positive outcome. There will be a second car in the drive again! The major victim in this whole redundancy malarkey has been my little Punto. She doesn't have a strong constitution. We took one, singular trip in her as a foursome and I thought she was going to grind to a halt and all her wheels and doors were going to fall off. She is not robust, neither is she resilient. She is not a car for family travel. We didn't go far.
*
Is it Thursday evening already? I'm going to a patchwork workshop on Saturday. I've lost my list of things to take. It's with the Embroidery Guild. I am likely to be struck off
(or stitched up - ha ha!!!).
***

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'll bet those pink dungarees were a favorite of yours... they would have been if they were mine!
Congrats on G's new job! Terrific that he's managed so well as NRH, too.
Have a wonderful patchwork workshop, it sounds like such fun. ;)

LittleBrownDog said...

But you really would look so nice in pink. Honestly. You should try it.

Am seriously envious of your rice-cooking husband. I've been trying to cook rice properly for thirty-odd years and it still manages to go all stodgy and stick to the pan. What is his secret?

Good look with the league of embroiderers. Sounds very sinister. I'm sure Dan Brown will be writing a book about it soon.

LittleBrownDog said...

PS Yup - I'll be along on Weds. Just as soon as my non-rice-cooking husband gets back...

xx

Only Me said...

I have to say that pink is not generally a favourite of mine either but, with 2 girls, it was inevitable that one of them was going to end up lurving pink. Fortunately, K seems to have now grown out of this phase but I never thought I would be regularly doing a pink wash - he ho. I think blue is a very good colour.

Happy patchworking.