Wednesday, 27 May 2009

new arrivals


Please be upstanding for (drumroll please)...... Snowdrop!
*
One of four newly acquired point of lay hens.

*
We had bantams ages ago (not keen on them), and then we had a few hens. Then we had a lull in the fowl department. Now we have four.
*
They seem to be having fun, despite the dark, dank weather.
*
I promise, only occasional news from the chicken coop.
*
By the way "Projectforty - the action plan" starts Monday 1st June. Did you know there are 40 working days between Monday and the beginning of the school holidays. Drastic action is needed. I have no excuse. I work 3 days a week, 30 seconds WALK from the local gym. It's time to get serious. There will be numbers and measurements.
***

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You go girl! :)

Lisa said...

Hi, I'm a new visitor to your blog.
Having hit 40 last year I clicked on your blog name with interest.
I have enjoyed reading through all the posts you've made this year.
I hope your husband's new job is going well.
I lost my dad in August last year and so I can relate in some way to those posts, Although I wouldn't presume to know how you are feeling. Sadness and grief are universal emotions but the way we feel and cope with them are intensely personal.
Hope you are enjoying the great weather.
Lisa

Only Me said...

Definitely drumroll and not drumstick (sorry - very poor)! How eggciting (shall I stop there ...)!

Have Snowdrop and pals started laying yet or is it too soon. She does look a very lovely chicken.