Friday, 24 April 2009

tick, tock 250 and counting....


If nothing else, dear old projectforty has proved I can persevere.
*
Just to let you know I can also preserve and will be doing so shortly once I get on to the allotment and raid the rhubarb.
*
I am pleased that my little blog gets read. I still quite haven't got to grips with the counter and I know that most of my readers do not comment because they tell me that they don't know how to but I do appreciate everyone's visit, however fleeting. I do realise that this little blog is more Cranford than Shameless. Not a lot goes on really but, to be honest, if I'm writing about what's happening around me, I'd really rather prefer it that way.
*
The older I get, the more I appreciate a quiet life, one that doesn't have too many dramas. I like to move gently through my days without great shocks or surprises.
*
I went to the gym this week. I think it was on Tuesday. I got very hot. And bothered. I thought I'd lost my ipod and swore never to go to the gym again. Found ipod. Must now go again. If we can put people on the moon, why can't we invent something to simulate exercise. It's so dull and the worst thing? If you stop exercising you just go back to how you were to start with. What's the point of that? I really should stick with being calm and drinking corporation ale (what my nan used to call tap water).
*
I went to an Embroiderers' Guild talk on Tuesday too. I have reached that age where I find listening to talks very interesting. I seem to remember going to a lecture once at college but now you can tempt me to a talk with the promise of a custard cream and an uncomfortable chair. All I ask is that the talk be about wool, fabric, stitching or an obscure method of attaching calico to fleece. I'm becoming a textile geek. I am going to become one of those older ladies who wears interestingly shaped jackets made from spun recycled sari strips.
*
We listened to a lady called Angie Hughes who runs the Ledbury Art Place and spoke really engagingly about the techniques and materials she uses in her work and pieces. As well as her textiles she talked about some of the book-art she makes and passed around sketchbooks. There will be more over at crafdelight once I get my act together to take some photos and get a little more organised over there. She really was quite inspiring.
*
It's always good to get inspired on Tuesdays.
*
Wednesday was Bristol. A sexual health conference no less. Very interesting and mildly terrifying if you have children on the verge of leaving lego/star wars/polly pocket world.
*
Thursday was work, lovely lunch, work
*
Friday, knitting, lunching, fete-ing and now, blogging.
*
Saturday, football, party, interview (for G - how weird is that?) and Robin Hood, BGT and curry, hopefully.
*
Sunday, am off to Wonderwool in Wales.
*
See you soon.
***

5 comments:

DUTA said...

I like the last line in your post (about moving gently through the days).

Liz said...

Love this post and the idea of moving gently through the days (though you seem to have packed quite a lot into your week compared to, say, me and my go-to-work, come-home, go -to-bed routine!). I'm off to catch up on your earlier posts and will be back.

Only Me said...

There is nothing wrong with a bit of Cranford. I too loved your description of 'moving gently' through the days.

LittleBrownDog said...

Oooh, Wonderwool, eh? I think beans will have to be spilled...

Fingers crossed about the interview (hope good news will soon be on the horizon). xx

Kathy said...

What's in the air to make us both think of Cranford? ;)

I wish I could attend Wonderwool with you. Hope you're having a delightful time.