Monday, 9 February 2009

all ears....


Duvet-week is now officially over. It's time to get back to work and school (for most of us, anyway). We've had a lovely time by the fire but we really need to get going and start being productive.
*
I had a most musical Saturday. A couple of hours in our school hall at a sort of tea party with music. It was very pleasant and the cakes were fantastic. E had 5 small pieces. It made her very happy considering she was the youngest in the room by 30 years.
*
Saturday evening E and I went to see our local dad band. As ever they were great too. They've been playing together for about 7 years now, always for charity and always with great gumption. We didn't stay long as we had a wee tiff about why playing in the local park at 10pm in freezing temperatures wasn't a good idea. We managed a little shuffle on the dance floor together though and went home with my neighbour. I discovered I have got to the age where I can't listen to music and talk at the same time.
*
The listening theme will, I expect, continue through this coming week. I have new colleagues to meet, new projects to start and a husband who is about to join the ranks of the newly unemployed. I'm off to an embroiderers' guild talk tomorrow and a governors meeting too. I've got a network meeting as well. I'm sure that will involve an awful lot of listening as I've not got a lot to bring to the party at all.
*
Astrologically speaking, the eclipse is about to send ruptures through my working and emotional life. Oh dear. I think listening may be the best option all round.

3 comments:

Only Me said...

It feels like the start of a new term this morning - I need winding up (and should really get dressed soon!) to get going.

Sounds like you are going to be busy, busy, busy with all you listening this week - hope all goes well, and hope things aren't too tough for G.

LittleBrownDog said...

Oh, don't worry too much about the eclipse - we have at least four every year, and ruptures can't keep on happening our working and emotional lives. Can they?

Weekend sounded good (I like events with cakes). Still freezing cold, though and I'm waiting for a man to come round and look up my flue. I think it may be time for the duvet again...

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Your blog is fantastic. I hope you don't mind if I follow?

Steady On
Reggie Girl