Monday, 19 January 2009

a new broom?


I gave up my day job a couple of years ago. I've studied. I've started some projects. I've had a lovely time, thank you very much.

I've now got a new day job. Part-time, local, full of exciting possibilities and something I'm really looking forward to starting. It's very much a new job, with a new group of people. It's going to be a challenge but one I think will make quite a difference.
It will mean my studies will have to go on hold (don't mind); my personal projects will need to fit in around my new responsibilities (no problem) and my mind and my time will get more focused again.
I've discovered that the less time I have, the more organised I become. The more 'free' time I have, the more likely I am to spend it unproductively. I love the idea of being a productive potterer but it's time to admit, I am ill equipped for such a lifestyle.
The more I have to do, the more I get done in all other aspects of my life and going back to paid work, albeit part-time, is going to give me the kickstart I need.

No comments: