Monday, 5 January 2009

back in their box


Today, I feel,is the official start to the New Year. The holidays are over. 2009 is here and the lovely winter holiday is finished. Our xmas decs are in their box and the Christmas cards stacked ready for me to transfer addressed into my book and for G to work his magic, transorming them into parcel labels for next Christmas.

J went back to school today, G is beavering away at his laptop and E is coming out with myself and Granny for an icey trip to town. I can hear the ironing being tackled and I hope E is getting dressed. The house is tidy-ish except of course my room. One of my side ambitions this year is to make my space a beautiful one for longer than ten minutes. I'm always intensely jealous when I see blog posts of talented artists, crafters and writers where they've invited we nosey parkers to admire their talent for creating a beautiful space. Mmmm. Chance is a fine thing.
I managed one of my resolutions today - showering and dressing before breakfast. A calming way to start the day. I'm usually up before the rest of the brood but often end up in the bathroom scrum, which consquently creates a little tension in the household as I shout my instructions whilst trying to listen to John Humphrys and whoever he is taunting that particular morning.
So far, so good. I am washed, relaxed and managed to fit in a couple of lines of knitting before breakfast (I know, it's a worry).

2 comments:

LittleBrownDog said...

Oooh, ooh - I DO love those Russian-doll-shaped father christmasses! If they were mine, I don't think I'd be able to bear putting them back in their box.

Happy New Year, anyway (you sound as though you're doing better than me...)

xx

Only Me said...

I love the house post Christmas tidy-up - all feels calm again even though there is still loads of clutter - it's less clutter than there was over Christmas.

Sunday was a mass tidy up to a deadline - my mum's arrival on Monday - all needed to be clean and clear and, phew, I managed it.