Wednesday, 9 April 2008

still in my jamas


I know, shocking isn't it - 11am, on my 3rd cup of tea and in my jamas and dressing gown. J is still in bed - I love the school holidays. In my defence, guess what, I've tidied up a bit more! Three bin bags and a full recycling bin of nonsense has left my room. I've still got one more cupboard to go and then I am done, until the next time.


Thought I'd show you a bit of my AIP (art in progress). I'm a beginner, you know. I paint with old store cards. I don't like the way brushes stripe the paint. If anyone has any suggestions or top tips for books to read about painting, please advise. One thing I discovered this year is that you don't go to art college to learn how to paint - that seems to be left to adult education courses or it's something I should have done at school. I wasn't allowed to do art at school - I don't think I ever asked as I'd got the message that it was alright to mess about for an hour a week but other than that it was 'a complete waste of time'. Perhaps that's why I'm enjoying it so much now. Everything else I do is quite functional and practical. I'm relishing the time I've carved out to sit, stitch and think. It's a real luxury and one I'm going to miss when the course finishes.
Anyway - now I've tidied up, I've discovered things I need to do. So, guess what, there's a list now.

2 comments:

Bottles Barbies & Boys said...

Wish I had an all day Jama day!

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

I really enjoy the book "Paint Happy" by Cristina Acosta. I love her attitude of joy, happiness and energy.