Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Viewing figures

I am pleased to report a 100% increase in known readers of projectforty (yes, I know, I need one of those stat thingies). Thank you to those of you who are still with me and the newer members of our little online gatherings.

I am also pleased to announce that I am now able to manage 20 minutes on the scary cross trainer machine at the gym. I noticed on my card that I started at 5 minutes at the end of February. I am beginning to realise that the whole fitness/diet industry is really just based on 'move about a bit more' and 'eat a bit less'. They're all just saying the same damn thing in different leotards.

It is making me feel good though - I know this revelation should have happened at the beginning of projecforty but, hey, it's only me that's really bothered about what I look like. No-one has winced when they've seen me - yet. Or have they, and I didn't notice? Sorry, just off ona tangent here....

ANYWAY...all's well. I've received a letter from UCAS telling me I've applied to do a degree. Another step on my creative 'journey' (aaargh). Am off to London tomorrow with college which I'm really looking forward to. I even like going on the bus and going on the motorway. I am, however, in a pickle as I want to see 4 different shows in 4 different geographical directions. I shall be making myself a cup of tea forthwith to ponder my real artistic desires. I think I might have to wear trainers - not a good luck for a woman of my age in the city. It makes one look American.

1 comment:

LittleBrownDog said...

Agree with the general theory of move about more, eat a bit less, but harder to put into practice. Especially when they keep putting those big boxes of Foxes biscuits on special offer in Somerfields - I don't think I've ever seen them at full price. Glad to be one of an increasing number of viewers & have a great time in London (you woman about town, you). Actually, I can't imagine you looking American - you look far too English. I wear trainers practically all the time - do I look American? Having said that, I'm hardly ever wearing them in an urban situation, which I agree is different...