Wednesday, 30 April 2008

decision time

I had my interview yesterday at college and managed to bag myself a place. I had a very interesting discussion with one of the BA tutors who appreciated my earlier experiments much more than my more recent dishcloth period. He said I was 'interesting' which I got the impression could have meant 'special' or 'unique' in that particular tone that educators use. He also asked whether I was consciously drawing in such an ironic way - what does that mean? He liked my wit (yes, I wrote wit). I felt a little like an unformed being and that he'd be quite interested to see what I turned out like. One of the headteachers I worked with a couple of years ago said a similar thing. He said he was 'intrigued to see how I would evolve'. A few months later one of his colleagues likened me to a 'professional dung beetle'.

In the words of my dear, estranged mother "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"

No pictures today. It's too rainygloom outside. Have done a short walk in the fresh air. Can't face sweating my 3 glasses of wine out at the gym. I'm contemplating another short walk later and perhaps some gentle stretching. It was book club last night. We'd read (or some of us had) 'An Equal Music' by Vikram Seth. It was all a bit self conscious for me and I don't have a word of musical terminology in my brain so it flew over my head. It's my choice next month, always a nerve wracking time. Will they like it? Will they not care? Will they think its boring? Do I have to read it again to remind myself what its like?

No comments: