Monday, 11 February 2008

the only beautiful thing in my garden


Morning - 100th post, here. I'm pleased to report that I've had precisely 1 comment out of the 100 I was hoping for! Must try harder it seems.

Moving swiftly on - as the weather has been so spookily pleasant (t-shirts in February are just wrong), I've been gardening. Yes, gardening. It took me by surprise as well as I've been avoiding even looking at our field-like patch since last September. I worked for a couple of years before that and as I am the only individual in the house who has any interest at all in it, the garden stood neglected and accusingly for most of that time.
February is a good time to garden because if you do something, it stays like that for a little while. I can already see evidence of weeds though, particularly ENORMOUS nettle patches which need to be attacked as soon as possible. The wee clump of snowdrops in the nettliest, weediest bed were my sole inspiration.
As always, I dream of staff. There's only so much I can do with my dodgy neck and a pair of blunt secateurs.

No comments: