Saturday, 9 February 2008

global warming

I'm wasting not and wanting not. I have composted and recycled. I haven't had to do a food shop yet but am going to check my packaging.

It's early but it's quite sunny already and I'm looking forward to taking the kids to Bath this morning. I want to see the Blue & White exhibition at the Victoria Gallery. Somewhere I haven't been yet, but somewhere I'm looking forward to going - especially as it's free (see, more frugality). I am not convinced the kids will find Kaffe Fassett's works particularly enthralling but I will and I am of the opinion that they need to appreciate other peoples' likes and dislikes as well as their own. (Parenting rule no. 643b).

We are hosting a sleepover tonight - the first time we've doubled up with friends for the girl and friends for the boy. It means no telly though as the girls are sleeping downstairs in the playroom as a kind of indoor camping trip. The boys will be sniggering, as usual, upstairs. They're ten. It must be great to be ten and know that you have 60 years of giggling about Uranus ahead of you. I have decided that it is time to start discussing the FoL (facts of life) with J as I can't bear the thought of them all learning ridiculousness off each other. After a cringingly hilarious session with Babette Cole's 'Mummy Laid an Egg', I have found a book on Amazon called something like 'what's the point of willies'. It looks like a horrible history book so I am hoping it's aimed at the right age group. I think I might order it and leave it under J's pillow. God, I'm lame!

The husband continues his DIY and I have to say, so far I'm impressed. E's room looks beautiful and she's very happy in it. We finally found a spot for the wardrobe we bought when we were in SE London with high ceilings. Ever since we moved t'country, it's been moved around the bedrooms, never quite fitting properly. Now, though, it's in the right spot and still huge enough to stuff full of household nonsense as well as pretty girl's clothes. Another 'less waste' project complete, we could have gone to Ikea and bought some more chipboard.

No comments: