Wednesday, 16 January 2008

Wednesdays - not a great day for doing lots

I have had a productive, yet unproductive day with lots of tea. I am pleased to report, however, that snacks have been limited to toast and jam - not great but better than a pack of custard creams.

I have been pretending to tidy the house which, if you look at my profile, seems to fit quite nicely with my 'pretending to exercise' interest. Something, however, really does need to be done. I have started on what is called 'my room' but should really be called 'the very big cupboard in the hallway where mum sits and pretends to work/avoids housework/exercise etc.'

The gentlemen of the household are watching West Ham v. someone that isn't West Ham. I think it's something to do with the FA cup and is therefore very important. I am not. I have been trying to progress my sock - row 52 and have been reading 'The Gentle Art of Domesticity' by Jane Brocket which arrived this morning from Amazon and is just wonderful, beautifully photographed, presented and just the ticket for a short-attention-spanned Libran like myself. Lots of different beautiful things all in one book, tons of ideas and lots of suggestions on how to find out more about them - inspiring additional book purchases I suspect. Jane Brocket's blog is also a gem and can be found at http://www.yarnstorm.blogs.com/.

I also love the way she categorises her postings and links to books, other websites - an inspiration. I've managed the photos - who knows what can happen?

No comments: