Wednesday, 30 January 2008

we saved the day


I think last Monday was officially the most depressing day of the year but I have to say today did not start out well. I went to a small, nameless market town in Wiltshire with my dear friend, S. We had a goodtime at the knitting shop which although small and a tad scruffy is stuffed with treasures of the woollen variety. Events took a turn for the dismal thereafter.


The charity shops were really skips with glass windows, the lovely stationers - closed, the pleasant gift shop - gone, the paper shop which is worth a mooch - gone, the library - closed and the tea shop - very nice but rammed with senior ladies who were obviously saving on their heating bills at home by coming out for a cuppa with their mates. It was all just TOO much!


We ran, and tore up towards the downs and enjoyed the views. We had to go somewhere and we ended up in Swindon. And Swindon managed to cheer us up! That was how bad it was.


The neck is much better - I've had my 3rd and final, I hope, twist and turn. We've decided that it just needs to heal now. It feels like my fleece wraps look (see above).
So, tomorrow, I think I need to 'do some domestics'. My beloved has decorated our daughter's room quite beautifully I think so I need to get some of the rest of the house looking OK too. All this creativity is very well but at some point, someone, somewhere needs to get the windows cleaned.
I went to London yesterday and saw some great stuff. Will get the photos ready for tomorrow - when I'm supposed to be cleaning windows....




1 comment:

LittleBrownDog said...

Ooh, intrigued to know where this market town of death is, if only to give it a wide berth.

Glad to hear neck etc improving and decorating done.