Wednesday, 5 December 2007

It's been a week and a bit

Human League were very entertaining....Phil Oakey was as bald as G and the ladies were fabulous. It was a historic event with a full run through of 'Dare' followed by a few of their later hits. A good night. This weekend we're off to see Hard-Fi which I suspect will be just as good with a younger, perhaps wilder crowd!

Well - what's been happening...Christmas shopping, obviously. I took a painful trip to Cribbs last week. I'm at that tricky stage where I know I've got most things but haven't actually worked out what I'm missing, thereby likely to have a wee festive panic when I get back from Paris (yes, did I mention Paris!).

College has been a write-off this week as I'm sort of sick a bit. Not sick enough to lie down but sick enough to be dizzy and pathetic. Also, J has done something to his leg so can't walk so we're spending lots of lovely days in the house, watching the rain, making lists, losing lists.

I'm teetering on the edge of a green Christmas. I've bought recycled wrapping paper and am determined to reduce my pointless Christmas card sending list and use the cash to send a beehive to Kazakhstan or somewhere a bit grimmer than Wiltshire. I know I'll end up sounding like a pompous old greeny but I just don't see the point of giving Christmas cards to friends I see every day. I'd rather make them a nice cup of tea, give them a bun and have a natter. And don't start me on Christmas cards at school....bah humbug, deck the halls with boughs of green matter, that's what I say!

1 comment:

LittleBrownDog said...

Oooh, I'd much rather have a bun, tea and a natter than a dull old Christmas card any day of the week! I'll be round shortly...

Don't know how you can cope with Cribbs this time of year - the thought of it makes me go all hot and cold (probably what kept you off college).

And ridiculously excited to get a mention as a favourite commentator - I'll be back!

LBD x