Monday, 17 December 2007

Bonjour mes amis

It's amazing what 4 late nights, a vat of red wine and some salsa clubbing can do for a girl. Not to mention, ladles and oodles and rooms full of art. Lacroix was divine. The old masters were fab and the conceptual installations were splendiforous. I behaved like a proper art student and drew stuff in galleries. I learned that I draw like Giacometti and that I can't be doing with figurative sculpture no matter how old or chipped it is.

I love Paris and one day we will live there, just for a while, in a tiny apartment before we have to invest in zimmer frames and bunion pads. I'm thinking six months of art and culture followed by a month in the French alps and the spring/summer on the coast somewhere on the Mediterranean. I'll probably have to wait until I'm in my fifties but it's one thing I'd like to promise myself. How difficult could that be?

I got back Friday and we had a quiet, pottering weekend, back to college today and tomorrow and then, that's it, Christmas is upon us. I haven't written a card so am now going to guiltily go through the piles and work out who I need to send them to. What I hope to do is email festive greetings and then make a donation to the young carers charity instead of spending hours licking stamps and contributing to deforestation. The tree is up - with coloured, sparkly lights no less and we are all a glitter in the country this year....no sparkly reindeer outside yet. Though there are still a few days to go.

Ho ho ho.....

No comments: