Saturday, 15 September 2007

almost a month to go...

Another early morning. Maybe I've got to that age when a woman needs less sleep? Maybe I'm morphing into Mrs T with her legenday 4 hours a night? I get annoyed waking up so early but it's wonderfully quiet and when I tidy things up, they stay tidy until breakfast time.

I am looking forward to my 2 weeks of drawing at college - not. I tried to draw a sempivirum and my daughter yesterday. They looked very similar by the time I'd added a little bit of shading. This is not a good sign.

I MUST mow the allotment today. And I MUST do the ironing. I'm sure there'll be some sport on the telly wich will force me out of the house. J has a disco swimming party this afternoon. I can't understand how you can have a disco in these circumstances. Kids parties are excruciating enough without having to spend the entire time in your swimmers. He seems to be quite excited though. Thank god there aren't many opportunities in my life for such an activity.

I had lots of excitement on the scales yesterday - 2lbs gone, just like that. But, dear reader, they're back. How does that happen? I'd been worried about the stability of my weight for a week, celebrated a little shift and then bam, back again. Oh well, at least I made a lovely lino cut yesterday.

Am I what I eat or what I do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blimey - you were up early, and it sounds as though you're being impressively productive, too. When I get up early, I just end up raiding the fridge for longer. Would love to see the lino-cut some time. Lino cuts used to be my favourite thing in art.