Thursday, 27 September 2007

3 weeks...

I haven't blogged for a week. This is because I am retired. Retirement does not mean that you have time to sit and eat bonbons all day. Oh no. My retirement means buzzing about like a headless bluebottle doing too many things at once.

I now have multi-columned lists on the go. I keep telling myself that after the weekend it will be fine. I won't bang on about the details. Like listening to someone else's dreams, hearing about how someone else's busyness is just dull.

Projectforty is not going well at all. Every morning I promise myself I'll do all the things I'm supposed to be doing. I drink the water, stretch a bit, avoid exercise all day. My skin has gone crepey. I've started to realise that no matter how much I say I want to do all the fit, healthy things, I actually don't really care about that as much as I care about having a good time, messing about with my friends and enjoying all the nonsense that comes with family life.

If I wanted to look as smart and groomed as I think I ought to try and look, perhaps I would actually do it. Instead I talk about it, make myself feel pressured about the way I look and carry on doing all the things I enjoy doing, hoping that my glorious transformation will take place by itself.

Yes, I am disappointed I haven't lost 2 stone and started to look like all those long-legged gorgeous creatures. Then again, since I started I've had a blast. I've become a student, done loads of writing, been much nicer to G and the kids, seen my friends more, organised 3 parties and generally entertained myself very nicely thank you.

I just need to get some grooming booked now. I hear eyebrow shaping can take off 10 years and half a stone!

No comments: