Sunday, 12 August 2007

show and tell

I have been concentrating on the creative aspect of projectforty to compensate for my denial and current ineffectiveness with regard to the health and beauty aspects.

J, E & I entered our local show yesterday. Our competing classes were:
- bookmark - sport-related and mermaid
- drawing or picture - pot plant
- model made of anything – hovercraft and hama bead horsey thing
- decorated hardboiled egg
- highly polished boot or shoe
- knitted scarf
- knitted handbag

We acquitted ourselves presentably with 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a third. Most pleasing and, I realised, strangely compulsive. Now we’ve done it once, we’re going to have to do it again. A woman there won three silver cups. She cleaned up. The problem is, now I want one.

The show also has a funfair with, as mentioned before, the best dodgems in England. They lived up to their reputation and gave us a good 10 minutes of hilarity and silliness.

I then made the fatal error of being enticed by the whirly swirly thing that goes up in the air ride. J & E raced on and left me childless. Eventually a friend’s daughter agreed to go on with me. All was fine at the beginning with lots of whoops and screams. These were, however, swiftly subdued as the ride just went on, and on, and on. I think as well because I probably weigh 3 times as much as H we span and span and span. It was just unpleasant.

Back home for a mountain of barbecue with our friends, the Bs and a bit more wine. All was well.

Off to Hull today so no news until Wednesday.

No comments: