Monday, 27 August 2007

bank holiday blues...

It feels like the end of the summer holidays. I have no more lazy morning weekdays left. From tomorrow, it's all get up and sandwich boxes and rush, rush, rush.

I love school holidays. I love the feeling of sitting in my dressing gown while the kids munch cereal and grumble about who put their feet where or who's spilt their juice or whatever it is they like to twitter about in the morning. I like at least 2 cups of tea (and sometimes they're NOT herbal!) and a long sit, gently gathering the random thoughts flitting through the gelatinous mass that is my brain.

I know it's a waste of time and I ought to be doing something more constructive but I feel my stillness is not only akin to meditation, it stops me contributing to global warming for at least 20 minutes a day. I am sure that Greenpeace or whoever could work out a statistic that 'if everyone sat and stared for 20 minutes a day, energy requirments would be reduced by almost 2%'. Go on - check my maths.

After my recent chat with a dear friend, I've cranked up the exercise regime and taken a stronger line on my diet. It's too early to say but I definitely feel better having had less bread, bowlfuls of salad at lunchtime and fruit or porridge for breakfast. I've bounced for 30 minutes each morning which nearly kills me and makes me rather rosy and have also introduced some weight exercises, reinforced with the number 40. 40 sit ups, 40 pathetic press ups, 40 bicep curls, 40 tricep twists, 40 thigh raises, 40 lunges etcetera, etcetera.

I find the repetition of 40 focuses my mind.

So - up at the crack tomorrow - got to make packed lunches for kids' footie. I've got an interview for an art & design course (not sure where I'm going with that one really), I need to pick up my party invitations, go to pc world, look at fitted wardrobes in MFI (shudder) and bounce about a lot.

No comments: